Maxam mowers are very robust machines which need minimal maintenance, however there some things which will help their long term reliability.
- Grease the drive shaft, especially the sliding tubes. If these bind up they put tremendous force on the mower drive head.
- Check the top nut and side bolted on the main spindle shafts are kept tight. The shaft may flog out in the housing without this simple check.
- Stop mowing when vibration is felt, or blade clash is heard. Replace the damaged blade and or bolt, as continued vibration can create other problems longer term.
- Clean the mower down periodically, don’t leave it covered in grass and dung over the winter – corrosion does happen!
- Let the bearings cool down before washing the mower
- Keep it in a shed